Gynaec Endoscopy (Laparoscopy) Surgeries
It is a national tertiary referral center for Gynaec Endoscopy Laparoscopy surgery, at Ahmedabad and is well-known for the depth of expertise of its endoscopic surgeons – Dr Sanjay Patel & Dr Yogendra Jhala Gynaec Endoscopic Surgeries include Laparoscopic Hysterectomies, large uterine fibroid, ovarian cyst, endometriosis, ectopic pregnancies & fertility enhancing surgeries
Advantages of Endoscopic Surgery
With total 3 operation theatres on the 4th floor including 1 dedicated Endoscopy Operation theatre, it is undoubtedly the most well-equipped unit in India.
- Karl Storz Set-up (Image -1, 3 chip camera, Xenon light source, Autocon diathermy unit)
- Harmonic Scalpel ( Johnson & Johnson, USA) ensures precise cutting with minimal bleeding
- Ligasure (Valleylab,USA),ensures precise sealing of blood vessels
- Rotocut Morcellator : a very useful tool for removal of even the largest fibroids through key-hole instruments
- Bettochi hysteroscope set: helps to perform advanced hysteroscopy surgeries without the need to dilate the cervix
- Erbe Vio (Germany) System for complete solution for electrosurgery
Gynaec Endoscopy Laparoscopy surgery, approach and advantages
Our doctors talk about the procedures and available options at length with the patient. Both Endoscopy and Laparoscopy surgeries are minimally invasive which means fast recovery and less bleeding. The procedures also gives an advantage to the doctors as they are able to see the internal parts of the body which are very difficult to see by the naked eye. The patient is kept under observation after the procedure is performed.
Both procedures are minimally invasie and produce less pain and discomfort compared to traditional invasive procedures. Laparoscopy may require a small incision, but in Endoscopy there is no incision. Gyaecological Endoscopic surgeries are the best alternative to major operations to be performed, and it also allows patients to get back to their normal life through faster recovery. Also the patients have to stay in the hospital for a very short period of time, and there are very less chances of infection as compared to the traditonal invasive surgeries. There are almost no side effects of the anaethesia.